On 26 November 2017 03:30:11 GMT+01:00, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>
wrote:
>On Saturday, 25 November 2017 16:20:46 GMT Jalus Bilieyich wrote:
>> As an everyday user of KMail, I am completely happy with using it. I
>> don't see any flaws with it. Maybe it's just me or...? Is there a
>reason
>> behind the hostile glare towards KMail?
>
>Do you have POP3 or IMAP-4 accounts?
>
>It used to be like that for me too, but not for a long time now. I get
>duplicate messages, which are a known problem and easily worked around,
>but
>the latest version of KMail whinges about more than one candidate for
>display and just gives up. Then I have to stop KMail, start
>akonadiconsole
>and use it to delete the akonadi cache of the affected folder, restart
>akonadi and (when the debug messages quieten down) restart KMail and
>click
>on the same folder. Then it rebuilds the threads and stores them neatly
>away
>in MySQL.
>
>This happens several times a day, sometimes even more than once in the
>same
>folder. I don't know why I should be affected more than anyone else,
>but I
>do seem to be. It reminds me of Dale and his struggles a few years ago
>with
>... what was it again, Dale?

Interesting,

I use kmail a lot on my desktop and laptop and have not noticed that in a very
long time.
It has actually been quite stable.

I do use IMAP (cyrus) and akonadi is configured to use a postgresql database
which is not running as embedded under my own user.
(Postgresql is configured as a proper RDBMS using it's own user)

I wonder of part of the issues most people are seeing is because of the default
of using mysql embedded?

--
Joost