On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 10:20:48AM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote
> On 12/18/2017 10:00 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
> >
> >   I tried a couple of different mirrors.  No CHOST line. The example
> > file usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example shows...
> >
> > ===========================
> > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
> > ===========================
> >
> >   I could insert that, but I wonder if anything else is screwed up.
>
> This silently disappeared some time ago. It's set in the profiles now;
> for example, the file "profiles/arch/amd64/make.defaults" sets
>
>   CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"

  Thanks.  That's good to know.  This could've used a brief news item to
avoid scaring people.  I'll file a documentation bug because
usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example still shows an explicit CHOST
setting line.  While I'm at it, I'll ask them to mention "-march=native"
in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>