Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2017-12-18, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2017-12-18, John Blinka <john.bli...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> emerge --skipfirst --resume
> [...]
>
>> Oddly, the failing package (grub:0) wasn't the first one: it was about
>> 5-6 packags down the list.  So I used --exclude instead.  We'll see
>> how far that gets...
> It took a couple days, but after "resuming" the emerge three times, it
> finished.  The three failures were grub:0, matplotlib, and crrcsim.
>
> Each time the failed package was around 5th on the list when I did a
> resume.  And, each time emerge insisted on rebuilding gcc and glibc
> first.  [I don't remember what else preceded the failed packages when
> I did the resumes.]
>
> I think I'll postpone upgrading to profile 17 on my "real work"
> computers where I have a lot more packages installed.

I'm not sure why or what all this involves but there is a thread on -dev
about a 17.1 profile coming at some point.  One may want to consider
waiting to do to much for that.  Some of the messages make it seem to be
a really large process to upgrade to it.  I'm hoping some or even most
of it is just the devs testing things.  o_O

Just a thought.

Dale

:-)  :-)