On 20/01/18 01:11, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 01/19/2018 05:25 PM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> The strange part is that on the same box I created a new "user" and
>> Libreoffice works just fine.
>> But it will not work when I log in.
>>
>> I've deleted the folder setting. /home/joseph/.config/libreoffice/
>> and copied the same folder from new user directory back to my directory.
>> Libreofice still will not start.
>>
>> Joseph
>
> Additional information.
> When I try to start soffice help I'm getting this error
>
> soffice --help
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
>
> (process:24269): dconf-CRITICAL **: unable to create file
> '/var/run/user/1000/dconf/user': Permission denied.  dconf will not work
> properly.
> LibreOffice 5.4.2.2.0 40m0(Build:2)
>
> This error does not show up when I run it as new user that I just created.

This is intuition, not knowledge, but /var/run is, I think, stuff that
should appear when you log in, and disappear when you log out.

Log out, log in as root (or su from another user) and see if
/var/run/user/1000 exists. Rename it to something else in case you need
the contents, and then see if libreoffice works.

If everything seems okay, get rid of the old version

(My system has multiple users, I'm the only person logged in, and folder
1000 (my user-id) is the only one there. I guess somehow some old file
has got "stuck" and needs deleting.)

Cheers,
Wol