On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:03:44 +0100 (WEST) Jorge Almeida
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > So, for things with optional emboss support, by default the emboss
| > support will be enabled. Which makes sense, because if you're
| > installing science apps, you'll probably want it, and if you're not
|
| I probably won't, unless I'm a biologist, and a molecular one.

If you're not a molecular biologist you probably won't be installing
packages which have optional support for a molecular biology library...

| OTH, I'll probably want tetex, which is not in the default list.

*shrug* then add it. Enabling tetex by default wouldn't be a good idea,
it's one of the biggest downloads in the tree.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm