On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:55:45 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:29:42 +0000 (UTC), Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
>
>> > That was useful and saved me the time to sed & grep my way through the
>> > equery output. Turning this into a generic script is easy enough.
>>
>> For the peanut gallery..
>>
>> Turns out it's not so clear-cut since equery d finds *all possible*
>> dependants, including those for unset USE flags.
>>
>> Oh well..depclan & grep here we go..
>>
> What's wrong with qdepends, which has an option to query reverse
> dependencies and uses the installed package databas for its information
> so it correctly considers USE flags?
>
> qdepends is part f portage-utils, which you should have installed already.

Interesting! It seems there is nothing wrong with it other than the
fact that I didn't know about it, so thanks for the pointer!
qdepends -Q does indeed seem to do the same thing as my own script,
which of course I finished just 5 minutes ago. :)
It's also a lot faster than --depclean munging since it seems to
simply grep through the DEPEND/USE variables in one go. Nice!

Thanks!
Holger