On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 04:13:34PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:19:55 -0300, Matias Grana wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to compile  vim  with +clipboard support. One can do this by
> > passing  --enable-clipboard  to configure. There's no USE flag for this
> > feature. After some research, I've learned that the way to do this is to
> > configure the  EXTRA_ECONF  variable. Now the question is: is there a
> > file to put these variables in? Something like /etc/portage/package.use
> > but for econfs?
>
> You can set variables for individual ebuilds using /etc/portage/bashrc.
> save the attached file as /etc/portage/bashrc then do
>
> mkdir -p /etc/portage/env.d/app-editors
> echo >>/etc/portage/env.d/app-editors/vim 'EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-clipboard"'
>
> You can use this to set variables, or override default settings, for any
> package.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick

Nice! thanks so much; maybe I'll try this next time. It seems that this
time I've missed some doc:

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:28:54PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:19:55 -0300 Matias Grana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> | I'm trying to compile  vim  with +clipboard support. One can do this
> | by passing  --enable-clipboard  to configure. There's no USE flag for
> | this feature.
>
> Incorrect. USE="vim-with-x".
>
> --
> Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
> Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
> Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

Nicer! So this is what vim-with-x stand for! I saw the flag, but thought
that it would pull down gvim, which I already have in my world.
Now: this pops up a second question: where can we see the exact efect of USE
flags on packages? For instance: what other features  'vim-with-x'  will
enable?

Matias