On 2018-05-03, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I know my laptop is quite old, or at least Intel thinks so, but emerging
> chromium is now taking *much* longer than it ever did:

A while back I accidentally broke the CPU throttling on my laptop, and
it was always running at 1/4 speed.  [That effected all emerges.]  I'd
start by doing a "grep MHz /proc/cpuinfo" during the build to verify
that all the CPUs have open throttles.

That said, I've noticed that Chromium in particular is taking a lot
longer than it used to...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I have a very good
                                  at               DENTAL PLAN.  Thank you.