On 05/22/2018 03:44 PM, R0b0t1 wrote:
Yes - screen can hold everything until you hit enter and allow you to edit the line and do wrapping clientside. Screen also handles control codes properly.

Good to know.

Aside: Now my brain is trying to remember the old differences between telnet and 3270 / 5250. I think that telnet was inherently line oriented (by default) and 3270 / 5250 were something else (but I don't remember what).

I just tried to find the exact settings but drew a blank. It doesn't do local line editing by default. Local editing should be okay with a normal device but it will not work well if your board runs Linux.

The other thing that comes to mind is mosh and some of the features that it has.

Though, all of those don't do anything like command history. (I'm assuming that editing is limited to the current, unsent, command line.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die