180721 Mick wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 July 2018 19:47:25 BST Jack wrote:
>> Are you sure this wasn't fallout from the recent grub problems
>> in the Mint ISO : https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3620 ?
>> I can't find the relevant message, so I'm not sure where I saw it.
>> However, it seems like the issue was that installing Mint
>> messed up Grub and left the PC unbootable.
> I posted this blog entry on another thread, but the GRUB problem
> described there breaks EFI installations when the live session
> is connected to the Internet.

There were  2  different issues re Mint + Grub, the one above
& my own gruesome half-hour after the installer for Mint 19
overwrote my MBR without warning & forced me to use System Rescue,
fiddle with some files & run Lilo to restore the MBR to what it sb.

All is well with the new Mint 19 now, but there is no simple way
to send a bug report to the Mint developers.  Well, not quite all :
Mint suggests the new user update some pkgs, but when you say "ok",
it pokes around, then says it can't connect to its repositories.

Gentoo has its irritating features -- Portage output 1st among them -- ,
but a few brief hours with Mint reminds me how much better it is
than all those pre-cooked binary distros which are the alternative.
And all of them are far better than trying to live in the Microsoft Motel.

(smile for now)

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca