On 2018-11-03, Alan Mackenzie <a...@muc.de> wrote:
> Hello, Gentoo.
>
> HEADS UP!!!
>
> If you start your X server from the command line with, e.g. startx, you
> now need to set the new(?) suid USE flag for the xorg-server package.

Yep, I tripped over this yesterday, when all of a sudden I couldn't
start X anymore.  Thanks for the advanced notice on that one!

> The developers, in this instance, failed to raise the ebuild's version
> number from 1.20.3 when making this change, and also didn't notify users
> by a NEWS item, that I can see.

Yea, that seems like a major foul-up to me.  I had to log in as root
so that I could start X, so that I could use google to try to figure
out what went wrong.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My LESLIE GORE record
                                  at               is BROKEN ...