Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 07/12/2018 01:23, Dale wrote:
>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> On 06/12/2018 23:45, Dale wrote:
>> I also sometimes convert videos which can get CPU and/or memory hungry.
>
> Video encoding is one of the prime example where more cores will scale
> very well. You can almost halve encoding time by doubling the amount
> of cores.
>

>> I use the sensors built into the kernel.  Last time I tried lm-sensors,
>> I couldn't get it to work right.
>
> I don't use lm-sensors either. KSysGuard sees the kernel sensors just
> fine without it. You just need to add them in the KSysGuard options.

Got it.  I did some digging but I found it.  I had to add a tab and then
add it to that.  I also found the options as well.  There are tons of
things to monitor in there.  Right now, my current CPU is dead on.  It
reads 3200.  Now when I upgrade, I know where to go look.  I can also
compare to what cpuinfo says too.

Thanks much.

Dale

:-)  :-)