On 20/12/2018 06:41, Dale wrote:
Howdy,

I just installed a new video card.  After a couple weeks of USPS
dragging it around, it finally came in.  Anyway, I got it installed and
was booting up.  I noticed somewhere between the kernel part and it
going through the runlevel part, there was something that failed.  I saw
a little red colored text and the word failed but I found one bad thing
about a really fast CPU.  It scrolls by so fast, I can't tell what it
is.

You should probably add the "quiet" option to your kernel command line in Grub. It will silence all useless noise, and should (I think) only print errors if they occur.

Worth a try.