вт, 1 янв. 2019 г. в 06:45, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:

> With the newer Firefox versions, I've noticed something weird about
> downloading files.  Usually these are videos using a download helper for
> videos and sometimes it is a normal file download, depends on the site.
> Either way, I get something odd at times.  So far, I've yet to see any
> rhyme or reason to it.  I can't figure out what triggers it.  This is
> what it does.  I start a download, either using a video helper add on or
> downloading as a file.  I give it a name and location and it shows in
> the download window that it is downloading.  However, if I go to the
> directory where it should be, sometimes nothing shows up.  It will
> complete the download and then show that it failed after finishing the
> download.  However, if I notice that it is not in the directory where it
> should be and I go back to the download window, hit pause and then
> resume, it starts over from the beginning and then shows up in the
> directory where it should be.  Most of the time, it shows up that it is
> downloading and it is where it should be without be doing anything
> further but sometimes, it doesn't.
>
> One other thing that it does on rare occasions.  It will show it is
> downloading for a good while, sometimes more than half way, then
> disappear in the directory as if it is deleted but still show that it is
> downloading in the download window.  I've only seen it do that a few
> times but it is annoying to look and make sure it is downloading a file
> that takes a hour or more only to have it disappear part way through.
>
> This started with the new multi-process versions or whatever it is
> called of Firefox.  It acts like a permissions problem or something to
> me.  It either thinks it doesn't have write permissions at the start or
> thinks it loses them part way through or something.  If it only did this
> when using the add on, I'd think it is that but it also does it when I'm
> downloading as a file with no add on being used.  Either way, I'm not
> sure what to look into really.  I'm not even sure what to google for to
> see if anyone else is noticing this.  What does one call this problem???

I experience similar problems with downloading files in Firefox for quite
a long time. I cannot say for how long time exactly, but estimating it
from memory: for about a few years. Yes, t is quite annoying but
currently I have already got the habit to open download manager
every time I download a file, stop downloading it and then restart again.
(I even try to do the same automatically while using other web browsers
 like chromium or google-chrome. :)

However, I believe that it has nothing to do with "the newer Firefox versions"
as I still use Firefox version 52.9.0 (compiled without clang) and all these
troubles with downloading files started even on much more earlier versions.