ср, 9 янв. 2019 г. в 22:17, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org>:

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 2:38 PM gevisz <gev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > ср, 9 янв. 2019 г. в 19:36, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org>:

> > Ok, not app-crypt/gentoo-keys package but
> > app-crypt/openpgp-keys-gentoo-release package.
> >
> > Does it matter?
>
> Sure, because you brought up issues with unrelated packages, like
> stable/unstable keywords, which aren't actually problems.
>
> > After that I have found out that a new
> > app-crypt/openpgp-keys-gentoo-release package
> > was released on 2 January 2019 when the previous
> > portage signing keys already expired.
>
> You probably should have led with that.  Seems like an actual issue.
> Or at least lead with "I have this problem - what should I do?" and
> not basically starting out by accusing everybody of not caring about
> security.
>
> Really, though, an expired key fails safe - it blocks updates and
> doesn't cause you to install insecure ones.  That is certainly how I'd
> prefer that it behaves.  Sure, it would be better if keys were updated
> before they expire, but I tend to doubt that your email is going to do
> much to fix that.

I had an impression that you are a member of the Gentoo council.
Now I have checked this and found out that you are not. So, I should
agree with you that this my e-mail probably will not do much to fix
the issue (especially the one with the bug). So, I should probably
sent a similar e-mail to all Gentoo council members.

> I don't use webrsync which is probably why I didn't personally notice
> this issue - I'm guessing it uses a different key than git but I
> haven't checked.

Yes, they uses different ways of verifying the snapshots.