Hello,

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> > Doh!  I thought that the output format looked familiar: I didn't
>> > realize it was using wget.   Thanks...
>>
>> Would you mind posting a example of yours?  I'd like to change mine as
>> well.  Just need something to give me ideas and should be able to go
>> from there.
>
>You can see the default setting with
>
>emerge --info -v | grep FETCHCOMMAND=
>
>Paste this into make.conf and fiddle with the progress settings.

You can also use /var/tmp/portage/.wgetrc
(see: getent passwd portage | cut -d: -f6):

# grep progress /var/tmp/portage/.wgetrc
progress=bar:force:noscroll
showprogress=on
#

FETCHCOMMAND is not set by me.

HTH,
-dnh

--
If breathing required conscious thought, the world population would be
on a sharp decline.                                    -- Greg Andrews