On 2019.05.06 08:38, Dale wrote:
Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sun, 5 May 2019 21:22:16 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> This package has been in the rebuild list for about a month or longer.  >> I kept thinking at some point I would sync and there would be a fix but >> since it has been a while, maybe it is just me.  Below is the error from >> a little ways before error 1.  It should be enough but if the rest is >> needed, I will be glad to post it or email it off list, since it does
>> have some size to it.  Just let me know what is needed.
> The first occurrence of "error" in here is when it returns from error 1, > so the preceding lines are probably from a parallel job that was still
> running after the error occurred.
>
> Try emerging it with MAKEOPTS="-j1" so you only see the output from the
> problem area at the end of the log.

Well, trying that was worth a shot anyway.  Sometimes it does fix some
problems, although it might still be a bug.  However, in this case, I
don't think anything really changed.  It looks like the same error
again.  I copied, going backwards, from the error 1, first mention of
it, and then went back up about 70 lines or so.  One may want to read it
from bottom to top.  Honestly, I can't see that anything failed but
something seems to have failed, somewhere.  Here is the error while
running with -j1:
[snip...]
The fact that is says "Waiting for unfinished jobs" implies that the "-j1" didn't really have the right effect. Also, "make[2]: *** [Makefile:458: gtk-glue.lo] Error 1" suggests to grep through the entire log file for "gtk-glue". Are you really sure that "Error 1" is the first (and only?) occurrence of "error" in the log? That just seems very unlikely.

Jack