On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 00:06:43 BST Adam Carter wrote:
> > I've just tried upgrading mariadb again while watching it, and got similar
> > results. I did notice that an error notice came up about being unable to
> > store
> > a message received via POP3, which is my main incoming source. I can't
> > quote
> > exactly because the notice disappeared too soon.
> >
> > Back to 10.3.16 for now.
>
> Just to confirm, when you say upgrade you mean something like;
> emerge -u mariadb
> systemctl restart mariadb
> mysql_upgrade -u root -p

Akonadi runs an instance of mariadb for its own use, without reference to what
else might be running on the machine.

I've never had to run mysql_upgrade before, and I can't find a way to do it
manually because of this in .local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf:

# Do not listen for TCP/IP connections at all
skip_networking

Maybe I could comment that out temporarily, but I don't know what else might
be affected. Otherwise it looks like creating a new user for myself and
importing the message archive.

Another strange thing is that I sent the root message of this thread to the
kdepim-users list as well, and referred to it later, but there's been not a
squeak from anyone there.

--
Regards,
Peter.