On 7/17/19 5:58 AM, Mick wrote:
> Hmm ... My last line looks the same like Rich's, but different to yours:
>
> # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/spectre_v2
> Mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, STIBP: disabled, RSB filling
>
> I don't have IBPB mentioned in there at all.  I'm on gentoo-sources-4.19.57.
> Are you running a later kernel?
>
> According to this article a microcode update seems to be necessary, but I'm
> not sure if this statement only applies to Intel CPUs:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/articles/3311301#indirect-branch-prediction-barriers-ibpb-10

------

My kernel version : 4.19.59

Please note that I am using the "experimental" USE FLAG for
"sys-kernel/gentoo-sources".

CPU selected is "AMD Piledriver"

Also, I am using the latest firmware for "sys-kernel/linux-firmware" (
20190712:0 ).

Kernel command line parameters on boot :

"spectre_v2=on spectre_v2_user=on spec_store_bypass_disable=on"

Corbin