On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 22:17:02 -0500, Dale wrote:

> I bought a Samsung Galaxy J2, Dash version.  Up under
> the battery it says J260A.  I did some googling and found some software
> that says it will allow me to access the data on it.  I'm mostly wanting
> to access the SD card but would also like to be able to access other
> things such as contacts, calendar etc.  This is what I installed:
> sys-fs/android-file-transfer-linux  While I can access some things, it
> seems not to list anything useful.  Most directories are empty which is
> sort of hard to believe.
>
> Is there other software that I can't find that allows this to be done?
> GUI would be nice but I suspect if I can figure out what to use, a
> regular file manager will be used.

I've found all of the MTP implementations to be wanting in some way. Then
I discovered SSHelper, an SSH server for Android. Now I can mount my
phone's storage with sshfs using a command like

sshfs -p 2222 192.168.1.144:/storage/emulated/0 /mnt/phone

--
Neil Bothwick

COBOL: Completely Obsolete Business Oriented Language