On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 08:36:11AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
(n...@digimed.co.uk):
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 22:17:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
>

> > Is there other software that I can't find that allows this to be done?
> > GUI would be nice but I suspect if I can figure out what to use, a
> > regular file manager will be used.
>
> I've found all of the MTP implementations to be wanting in some way. Then
> I discovered SSHelper, an SSH server for Android. Now I can mount my
> phone's storage with sshfs using a command like
>
> sshfs -p 2222 192.168.1.144:/storage/emulated/0 /mnt/phone

If you can get it to start "Developer Mode" (i.e. Settings ->
Information -> Buildnumber <- Tapping it 7 Times repeatedly)

You can connect to it via ADB. Then you need the package
dev-util/android-tools to establish an ADB connection from Gentoo.

If that is all set up, you can use this tool:

https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

I am really impresesd by this tool and use it all the time.

Good luck!

m4110c

--
mailto: dis...@mm-no.de