On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 16:19:36 BST Peter Humphrey wrote: > On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 15:33:02 BST Mick wrote: > > On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 10:19:23 BST Peter Humphrey wrote: > > > I'm using my ISP's SMTP server with the same settings as usual. KMail > > > detected them itself > > > > Yes, it does the same here, when I ask it to detect what Gmail wants to > > use, ... then it fails when it tries to set up a XOAUTH2 token via > > akonadi's plugin. > > > > I succeeded by selecting manually individual authentication settings and > > trying them one at a time. > > Do you mind saying which authentication method worked? > > > > Let's see if this goes out, after I spent two days rebuilding the whole > > > system from scratch and setting up yet another new account for myself. > > > I've also tried switching from MySQL to PostgreSQL for storage; so far I > > > see little change. > > > > I've received this fine, via the list, so whatever you've done appears to > > have worked. > > It was that two-day rebuilding operation. > > > MySQL used to be problematic in the early days of akonadi, or perhaps it > > was akonadi itself to blame. I've used both MySQL and PostgreSQL. I > > can't say I've noticed a difference, except PostgreSQL upgrades being > > somewhat more involved between major releases. However, this may have > > something to do with the way I had unnecessarily complicated its > > installation and > > configuration. > > The KDE PIM users' list has a few people who claim to have banished their > problems by switching to PSQL, but I can't confirm that yet.
This morning I lost the last day's worth of incoming mail, because KMail saved its archive in the wrong place which then got deleted. If anyone replied to this, please send again. Thanks. -- Regards, Peter.