On 2019-11-27, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I went to your link for Openwrt.  I found Linksys E2500 in the list.
> When I go search for one, ebay etc, I then find E2500-NP with N600 also
> mentioned.  Some even say E2500 and E2500-NP in the same description.  I
> think the N600 has something to do with the wireless stuff.  If I want
> to use Openwrt, does the -NP make any difference?  The link doesn't
> mention the -NP version.  The N600 affect anything?  I'm trying to get a
> dual band version since my current cell phone supports both I think but
> if I get a new cell phone, it may want the other band, N I think it is
> called.  :/

The TP-Link Archer C7 runs openwrt flawlessly:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tp-link-archer-ac1750-dual-band-wi-fi-5-router-black/5889900.p?skuId=5889900

A couple months ago when I was shopping, there was also a newer A7
version.  That still requires a bleeding edge version of OpenWRT.  So
I opted for the older hardware just to be safe.

The Linksys WRT3200ACM claims to be designed to run OpenWRT, but I had
constant problems with it and finally gave up.

For OpenWRT, the usual advice is to avoid Broadcom hardware: the
driver support is close-source and rather marginal.