On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 09:28:59AM +0000, Mick wrote

> The world is moving towards high speed wireless connectivity anyway,
> so more and more devices will not need a physical switch port or
> ethernet cables to gain access to the network.

  "High speed wireless" is going to be a big disappointment.  Due to
laws of physics, you need high frequencies for faster wireless speeds.
But higher frequencies have a lot less penetrating power.  They might
scream in a short range lab test, but in the real world, lower
frequencies actually perform better.  See
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/04/millimeter-wave-5g-will-never-scale-beyond-dense-urban-areas-t-mobile-says/
for a demo.  This is about cellphone frequencies, but the same laws of
physics apply.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>