Hello,

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, Grant Edwards wrote:
>I've put five Samsung SATA drives into various things in the past few
>years with flawless results.  Samsung is one of the big manufacturers
>of flash chips, so I figure they should always end up with 1st choice
>quality chips in their own drives...

And they produce and use their own controllers, so they additionally
know the ins and outs of those, i.e. they can easily optimize the
whole SSD from Flash-Chip over controller up to the firmware...

Dunno if the same is true for Micron+Intel (IM Flash) / Crucial. Seems
no, as e.g. the Crucial MX500 uses a Silicon Motion controller, even
though Micron does (or did) produce controllers. Nor does WD, it seems.

AFAIgathered, Samsung is the only one producing the whole product.
Albeit, I heard rumours, that the various divisions of Samsung could
as well be different manufacturers[1], but how far apart the
Flash/Controller/SSD parts I have not an inkling ;)

HTH,
-dnh

[1] well, considering that includes washing-machines, ships and
    whatnot ... ;)

--
May I ask a question?