On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 04:54:25 BST Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2020-04-06 22:14, Dale wrote:
> > I have DSL and it isn't to fast to begin with.  At
> > times tho, I'm only getting about 20 or 30% of what I should.
>
> Are you often on the phone at those times?  May it be poor filtering?
>
> At my last residence - also "in the sticks", LOL - we had to give up on
> DSL completely, because 6 times out of 10 when we got a phone call the
> internet dropped.  Seriously.  We're not proud to support the Comcast
> monopoly, but what a difference.

This may have been caused by an MTU installed somewhere on the external line,
which should be removed,[1] or it could have been a DECT phone - some were
causing these problems and needed replacement or more than one ADSL filter
inline - or it could be lengthy telephone extensions inside the house making
acting as aerials and making the connection marginal for ADSL purposes.

[1] https://rdist.root.org/2009/02/04/fixing-dsl-lost-sync-problem/