On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:16:21PM +0300, Consus wrote:
> So from "people generally prefer to keep a safe distance" we instantly
> jump to "some folks don't like the design"? That was quick :D

Sorry, I should have reviewed my non-specific wording before  I  sent.   When  I
originally said "people" I meant people who are aware of and  take  an  interest
in the internals of the software they use, such as the Gentoo/Funtoo user-bases.

Nonetheless, I  maintain  that  systemd  is  a  very  poor  example  of  quality
software-design, especially in the UNIX world, and many sysadmins and developers
often cite its monolithic and opaque nature  as  a  reason  for  their  disdain.

I, along with many others on this list, also like to keep a safe  distance  from
Microsoft software, but that is also extremely popular  to  general  users.   It
does not make it high in quality.

Adobe Reader is also very commonly used. And, well, ...

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:26:40PM +0300, Consus wrote:
> Does this distro have any users aside from Angry Vincent and DRobbins?

I was surprised to see that  its  subreddit  does  have  some  activity  with  a
niche, but active, user-base. [1]

Anyway, I apologise for hijacking this thread and taking  it  off-topic;  please
let's keep it to the subject matter of the recent Gentoo updates.

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/funtoo/

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk