On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 3:18 PM n952162 <n952...@web.de> wrote:

> My system:
>
> Linux txm2 4.14.65-gentoo #1 SMP Sun Oct 21 11:50:40 -00 2018 x86_64 Intel(R)
> Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>
> I'm not sure why the x86 is coming into play here and if sse2 is relevant at
> all.
> I found somebody with a similar issue on the net and a response was to use
> this in make.conf:
>
> LLVM_TARGETS="x86"
>
> but I don't know if I should use x86 or x86_64 there... anybody have an idea?

It seems like you're running a 32-bit version of Gentoo. What is the
output of emerge --info?  64-bit CPUs run x86 binaries just fine, so
if you install a 32-bit stage3 you'll end up with x86s all over the
place.

Your email was really sparse on actual command lines and output again.
You're just making everybody guess what you're trying to do in any
given email, which means half the advice you're going to get back
won't work.  Don't try to figure out what everybody else needs to
know.  Just spill your guts.  There is a reason bugs just get closed
without anybody seeing them if a full build log and emerge -info isn't
attached.  By all means use attachments, but don't copy/paste the 10
lines you think are the most important...

--
Rich