On 14/06/2020 08:01, n952162 wrote:
I think the problem is, vbox's NAT interface acts as a router, but only
uni-directionally.  That means, it will establish a "connection" for
VM-initiated sessions, but there's no mechanism for establishing a
session for external-initiated sessions.

Somebody, please correct me if that is wrong or incomplete.

I think that's true of any NAT interface.

Can't remember what it's called (bridge, maybe?), but that asks your local LAN DHCP for an IP address, so you could ssh in from the local network. It *should* be as simple as going into VirtualBox and changing the setting.

Cheers,
Wol