On 7/7/20 3:33 PM, james wrote:
On 7/6/20 6:10 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
�� I'd like to install Gentoo on an older Lenovo laptop with 3 gigs ram
and 75 gigs disk.� Is there a "robo-installer script" for this? I want
1 partition (/dev/sda via lilo ) as ext3 and openrc.� I'll settle for a
textconsole-only install if necessay, and tweak the kernel and build X
as necessary.

More links:

https://gentoostudio.org/

http://redcorelinux.org/

and yes, PENTOO:
pen testing and so much more;
probably the coolest gentoo distro of them all!

https://www.pentoo.ch/isos/

Need more?

Please provide details:
32/64 bit
arm/amd/intel processor?

a particular (vintage) year?

a list of what you want/need for the

/var/lib/portage/world file
(as I keep/archive) many versions of many packages I use.

?????
James

Sorry for my email problems. I finally found out why things bounce/fail so often. From:

Verizon Email Retirement

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/email

And Frontier, current bandwidth supplier, as a spin-off from Verizon, is getting out of the email server services too. I'm not going down the Yahoo mail calamity pathway, so what choices do I have.

So who do folks recommend for mail server services?

Time to set up my own mail server (what I prefer to do).

/usr/portage/mail-mta   lists:

sendmail (15 years since I rode/mastered that beast, but  well known.
postfix (probable the best choice?

Default simple/secure setups for either of these?

I can get static IPs and have machines for a pair of primary dns (rasp pe 4?) servers and a mail server.
Rasp pi 4 cluster of 2, 3, 4 ?

Any other (temp) solutions for the mail server?

I have been using thunderbird, but it seems like a good time to implement something newer/more-secure for the
easiest install?