23.07.2020 19:05, Walter Dnes пишет:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 03:15:04PM +0300, i.Dark_Templar wrote
>> Hi.
>>
>> I've tried using xorg-server[elogind,-suid] and got an issue.
>
>   I know this may sound too simple, but did you update world?  News item
> https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2020-06-24-xorg-server-dropping-default-suid.html
> says...

Yes, of course. I usually do 'emerge -avuDN system world', and I have
following options in make.conf:

EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps=y --binpkg-respect-use=y
--autounmask=n --complete-graph=y --keep-going"

And I did following sequence after emerging xorg-server with different
USE-flags before testing it: logout out of X11 session, login into
console session as root, restart xdm service (restart sddm), login into
KDE session via SDDM. KDE session works fine, but I can't start one more
X11 session from it.

While I didn't test it, I guess X11 session could be started fine from
user if you login into a console session (text-only session), but when I
try to start one more X11 session from already running X11 session, I
hit insufficient permissions error.

>> to globally enable 'elogind' USE flag and update the system
>>
>>     # emerge --newuse @world
>>
>> Afterwards, one will need to re-login, so the PAM can assign a
>> seat. One can confirm that a seat has been assigned upon login
>> by running:
>>
>>     $ loginctl user-status

As far as I can see elogind works fine for me in usual scenario: login
via SDDM.