On 10/11/20 10:06 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 12:23 PM Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:

The problem is it's always trying to pull in unstable packages when I
have two slotted kernels in world:

sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:5.4.48
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:5.4.66

I tried masking kernels >5.5 but now it's trying to pull in unstable
kernel 5.4.70.

I do not run unstable kernels, and have two stable kernels installed.

Why is portage insistent on pulling in sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
(non-slotted) when two slotted entries already exist?

I'm not sure what you mean by "slotted" here.  Do you mean stable?

The most likely explanation is that you have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~amd64
somewhere, or sys-kernel/gentoo-sources somewhere in
package.accept_keywords.

OK, I did some poking around. I'm not running ~amd64 but I did discover that autounmask had a gentoo-sources entry in it. It was for a specific slot though (gentoo-sources:5.4.18), I wonder why it was applying it to all gentoo-sources packages?

Nonetheless, I removed the file under portage/package.accept_keywords and it's resolved itself.

Dan