On 2/14/21 12:22 AM, Grant Taylor wrote:
On 2/13/21 9:38 PM, Dan Egli wrote:
Frankly, I find there's still too many programs that want 32bit libraries to go full no-multilib.

Are the programs that you're referring to things that are installed through something other than emerge?

I'd naively assume that anything emerged on a system with no-multilib would be 64-bit.

What am I missing?
As I remember, /lib and /usr/lib hold not only 32 bit libraries, but non-arch or arch-irrelevant (I know there's a better term) files. Maybe they are not explicitly libraries, but things like perl, python, or shell scripts.  I don't think you can completely get rid of it.  I make no claim as to whether you could get rid of all 32 bit libraries.