On 2/14/21 5:54 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:33 PM Valmor F. de Almeida
<val.gen...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
I use the global flags USE="elogind alsa -multilib -abi_x86_32" and I
thought this would prevent 32bit libraries to be installed.

For example I have (from glibc) both:

/usr/lib/libutil.so
/usr/lib64/libutil.so

In case you haven't already figured it out, glibc ignores the setting
of abi_x86_32.  It is controlled by your profile selection.  Part of
that might be legacy, but if you build glibc without lib32 support it
is basically impossible to add it in later without bootstrapping it.

If you don't want multilib then you can use a no-multilib profile.

I ended up using:

USE="elogind alsa -multilib -multiarch -abi_x86_32"

but some libraries from glibc remain 32bit. My main goal was to remove 32bit libraries from libX11. This did happen since nvidia-drivers was installing the 32bit versions of libX11 if -multilib -abi_x86_32 were not used; maybe I should have used this in package.use/nvidia-drivers instead globally.

Thanks for all the responses.
--
Valmor