Howdy,

As some may know, I use Seamonkey for several things.  Mostly for email
but using it for email leads to it being used for other things, like
clicking links in email and viewing the page in Seamonkey.  I tried
switching to Thunderbird, which is supposed to be about the same thing
but I didn't like it at all.  It's different and in a bad way.

Thing is, some sites are no longer working as they should.  It seems
with each upgrade, Seamonkey has more issues with things not working
correctly.  I might add, most add-ons, adblock being a big one, no
longer work.  They haven't had updates in ages.  With all this, it makes
me wonder if Seamonkey is still viable or if it is something I have set
wrong.  Is anyone else who uses Seamonkey noticing the same problems
with add-ons and sites not working right?  I may start trying to make a
list of sites that don't work right. Maybe someone else can see what it
does for them.  I know my financial sites act weird but without login
info, no way to really test those.  I might add, it seems that sites
with security measures are the ones with the most issues.  I use Firefox
for most things now.  I have different profiles and even use containers
to help secure things.  I really wish I liked Thunderbird and could use
that and Firefox to replace Seamonkey.  Sadly, Thunderbird just isn't
for me last I checked.

This is my Seamonkey info:

[ebuild     U ~] www-client/seamonkey-2.53.7::gentoo
[2.53.7_beta1::gentoo] USE="chatzilla dbus gmp-autoupdate ipc roaming
startup-notification system-av1 system-harfbuzz system-icu system-jpeg
system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite -crypt -custom-cflags
-custom-optimization -debug -jack (-lto) -minimal (-neon) -pulseaudio
(-selinux) -test -wifi" L10N="-cs -de -en-GB -es-AR -es-ES -fr -hu -it
-ja -lt -nl -pl -pt-PT -ru -sk -sv -zh-CN -zh-TW"

Anyone else seeing this or am I the only Gentoo user using Seamonkey?

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :_)