I thank the four of you for the insight I learn more in 5 mins then I did in an
afternoon,I have two last question tho

> As a example, if you want a
> full KDE install, you just emerge the kde meta package and it gets
> recorded in the world file.  The emerge command will take care of all
> the other packages that depend on the meta package.  That is a LOT of
> packages too

Theoretically I can make my own meta package and place in the localrepo I have
and set it to pull packages from the official repos

Firstly is there any dependency hell that I can fall into when placing lots of
different packages with (unexpectedly) conflicting deps on my own meta
package?Has anyone (reading this) that has done it before and worked out a
niche way to avoid falling into that trap?

Secondly(I know I will surely find this one in the wiki but)can I set a
priority to pull from the local repo first if package exists and then have the
official repo as a backup?

Lastly thank you for your previous replies forgot to add it on my last mail and
I didnt want to bloat the mailing list like im editing a forum post with
asterisks :D
..
.Thank you (ah I'm learning)