On Tuesday, 1 March 2022 16:40:30 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:

> I hope I'm not facing a complete rehash of firewall config. If so, I may
> return the old modem-router to service instead.

This page suggests it is simple to achieve, by adding it to your /etc/
nftables.conf file, assuming one is available.  Alternatively, it should be a
case of finding the right place to add something appropriate in Shorewall's
configuration or script file, so that Shorewall itself creates the required
ethertype filter.

https://serverfault.com/questions/1015896/linux-server-dropping-rx-packets-in-netif-receive-skb-core/1016113#1016113