Audio in KVM (qemu) launched through libvirtmanager used to work fine last time I used it (about 3 months ago.) There has been lots of updates since then, including a switch from Pulseaudio to Pipewire, and something along the way broke it. Now I get no sound whatsoever. qemu doesn't even show up as an application in the audio mixer, nor in the output of "pw-top".

If I launch the VM directly through qemu with:

  qemu-system-x86_64 [...] -audiodev id=audio1,driver=pa

then it works fine. But if I launch it through libvirtmanager, it doesn't. Even if I force the use of "-audiodev id=audio1,driver=pa" in the XML of the VM in /etc/libvirt/qemu/, it still doesn't work. There's no error anywhere, no warning, nothing in the logs.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?