Good afternoon,

I have the following 2 entries in /etc/conf.d/local.start

# Record system restart
echo "System restart on   `date +%F`   at   `date +%R`" >> /var/log/reboot.log

# Send email notification that the system just restarted
date|mutt -s 'System restarted' [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The first one properly records the fact that the system has been
restarted, but I do not receive an email. Watching the console as the
system comes up, I see a Segmentation Fault when the second command
executes. Running that command from a shell prompt works fine. I am
under the impression, possibly incorrectly, that local.start is run
after all other init scripts.

depend() {
        after *
}

Do I perhaps need to pause a bit in order to let something else finish?
I am using ssmtp for mail.

Thanks,
John

--