A quick google reveals that someone else has run into this situation before:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2507766/merge-convert-multiple-pdf-files-into-one-pdf

Does this solution work for your use case?
----------------------------
Gregory 'Rudi' Rudolph
r...@nmare.net
(518) 888-6156

Verify PGP Signature via https://keybase.io/verify I am Rudi9719

This email message and attachment(s) may contain sensitive and/or proprietary
information and is intended only for the person(s) to whom this email message
is addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original message without making a copy.
Please do not transmit any sensitive, proprietary, ITARS or FOUO data via
e-mail without using approved encryption techniques.