On 25/11/2022 17:49, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
Alan,

On Friday, 2022-11-25 16:40:11 +0000, you wrote:

I have a problem, in that I need to join several PDFs or jpegs output
from xsane (the scanner program) into a single document.

For joining PDFs I use "pdftk" from "app-text/pdftk".

I've got something called pdfarranger in my world file. Iirc it's a simple python app that can combine pdfs, delete pages, etc etc. You'll have to look it up and see whether it suits what you want, I think I've used it once and just left it there in case I need it again.

Cheers,
Wol