On 19/04/2023 22:26, Dale wrote:
So for future reference, let it format with the default?  I'm also curious if when it creates the file system it will notice this and adjust automatically. It might.  Maybe?

AFAIK, SSDs will internally convert to 4096 in their firmware even if they report a physical sector size of 512 through SMART. Just a compatibility thing. So formatting with 4096 is fine and gets rid of the internal conversion.

I believe Windows always uses 4096 by default and thus it's reasonable to assume that most SSDs are aware of that.