Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 at 21:56, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Doing my updates, most things updated but some still have conflicts.
>> Emerge is trying to tell me but I use Konsole and I think it messes up
>> the ^^^^^ bit and points to the wrong thing.  I'm thinking this is a USE
>> flag problem but I can't tell for sure.  Anyone else recognize this and
>> make sense of it?  I recently switched to the pipewire thing and that
>> could be part of it, maybe.  It's among those mentioned at least.
>>
>> Ideas?  Thoughts??
> It seems opencascade and handbrake are the culprits for you, blocking
> the ffmpeg upgrade, in your output they require <ffmpeg-5.1. There is
> a newer handbrake version that uses ffmpeg 5, but it is not in
> ::gentoo, so maybe check for a newer version in an overlay or on
> b.g.o. Maybe the same is true for opencascade.

I was thinking that was what it was saying at first but nothing newer
was in the tree that was masked/keyworded so I thought I was just not
reading it right.  Then I couldn't figure out what USE flag it was
complaining about either.  It seems my first thought was right but odd
there is a dependency on something not in the tree.  I may just mask the
newer ffmpeg until the tree catches up.  I won't update until next
weekend anyway, or the next if I'm busy.  I'll see what I can figure out
the torrent problem.  May be a similar problem.

Thanks much for shedding some light on this.  I was scratching my head
pretty good.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)