On 29/07/2023 03:37, Bryan Gardiner wrote:
User of Claws with a local maildir here.  One mail per file always
felt safer to me.  If you do want to keep using maildir,
net-mail/dovecot provides IMAP access to ~/.maildir out of the box,
and I've found this combination to be reliable.

Just a tip which bit me when I first installed dovecot ...

The master config file actually chain-loads a local config file, make sure you use it. I edited the master file directly, so of course the first update overwrote and trashed it ...

Cheers,
Wol