Am Sat, Jul 29, 2023 at 01:53:21AM -0400 schrieb Philip Webb:
> 230729 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > I've been a loyal user of KMail for many years.
> > Claws mail is often mentioned hereabouts and I'd like to try it,
> > but first I'd need to export KMail's 20-odd-year maildir history
> > to mbox format.
>
> I recommend a look at Mutt, which I've used very happily since  c 1998 ,
> well before Gentoo existed.  I've also always used Mbox, not Maildir.
> Powerful, configurable, but also simple : the UNIX approach.

When I had kmail issues back in the day of early akonadi times (remember
Alan’s thread about data loss from then?), I tried out mutt and I’ve been
using it ever since. I configured it to my liking re. list layout, sidebar,
shortcuts, editing and so on.

I still use KMail these days, quite often too. But it has a few drawbacks
and annoying little bugs that I encounter regularly, which is one reason for
staying with mutt. Another is that mutt is much much faster when dealing
with big directories such as lists. Still, there is no better graphical
alternative in KDE land. Thunderbird & Co don’t fit in optically, Trojita is
too limited.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

When things went bonkers for the captain, he had the entire ship jettisoned.