https://github.com/gentoo-ev/www.gentoo.de/blob/master/Dockerfile

> > It builds a static site so you can open the resulting HTML right in
> > your browser without setting up a whole ass web server.
>
> That's the attraction of Jekyll. The snag is that I can't install a Jekyll
> theme without giving myself wholesale privileges over the Gentoo installation
> of Ruby.

After you've installed jekyll, you should have rubygems available on
your system. Running

  gem install <theme>

will install <theme> to your /.local/share/gem/ruby directory and make
it available to whatever version of ruby you ran the command with. I
tried it with "jekyll-theme-minimal" and it looks like it worked, but I
didn't go so far as to build a website with it.