Tsukasa Mcp_Reznor wrote:
> So I feel I should add my own 2 cents to the pile....or possibly 25 cents due
> to inflation.
>

> PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"
> PORTAGE_SCHEDULING_POLICY="idle"
>
> Those 2 together in make.conf have had a noticeable effect on multitasking
> for me.  I still wouldn't recommend allocating all of your cores to emerge,
> but emerging with idle priority keeps your tasks a little higher up in the
> mix.

I had the first one, little different for my rig, but I added the second
one just now.  I'll be testing this tomorrow or Sunday, depending on
packages, maybe both.  lol

Sometimes I wish they would announce when they add features.  Rich, you
frequent this list.  If you hear of something new, could you post it?
This may not be NEW but it is new to me.  No idea when it got added.

Dale

:-)  :-)