Hi,

n952162 <n952...@web.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When I do:
>
> $  equery list cmake
>  * Searching for cmake ...
> [IP-] [  ] dev-util/cmake-3.22.2:0
>
> Furthermore, I find no /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake*
>
> and when I do this:
>
> $ cd /var/cache/binpkgs/dev-util
>
> $ tar -tjvf cmake-3.22.2.tbz2  2>&1 | grep /usr/bin/cmake
> -rwxr-xr-x root/root   7332776 2022-03-03 10:10 ./usr/bin/cmake
>
> I see that a ready-to-use cmake is included.
>
> Am I interpreting this correctly that cmake is downloaded as pre-built
> binary?
>
> Can I inhibit that?  How many pre-built binaries do I have?  How do I
> get rid of them?
>
> Incidently, I checked another package in /var/cache/binpkgs, byacc, and
> it's the same.

Check 'portageq envvar FEATURES' for buildpkg.  Also check if you have
/etc/portage/binrepos.conf.

There recently was a brief period of time when the new
(not-yet-fully-unleashed) binhost was added to the binrepos.conf of the
stage3.  Maybe you installed during that period.  You can edit
binrepos.conf safely if you'd prefer not to fetch packages from our
binhost.

Note that you need to pass --getbinpkg to fetch binpkgs.
--
Arsen Arsenović