On 11/29/23 00:20, Wols Lists wrote:
On 29/11/2023 00:16, Michael wrote:
Thanks Dan, will do.  I was planning to take it apart soon to replace the HDD with an SSD, so this would be the first thing to check.  I expect finding a replacement unit will be difficult.  Every Lenovo RTC battery seems to have a
different part number.

I know laptops are different from desktops, but I think every desktop mobo I've come across uses a 3032 battery.

See if you can find out what the standard definition of the lenovo battery is, hopefully they just use internal part numbers for a totally standard item.

Cheers,
Wol

Lenovo laptops usually use a small battery pack. Sometimes it's a 2032 shrinkwrapped, but not always...

-Dan