On Saturday, 3 February 2024 09:23:15 GMT netfab wrote:
> Le 03/02/24 à 03:06, Walter Dnes a tapoté :
> >   I got linux-6.1.57-gentoo kernel built and working, but
> >
> > linux-6.6.13-gentoo still comes up with no console.  Here's my latest
> > .config attempt for 6.6.13 attached.  Any ideas?
>
> You should try to enable an early framebuffer driver, CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
> for example. See:
>
>       https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Framebuffer#DRM_framebuffer_drivers

It could well be more than 15-20 years since I had VESA FB enabled and not
once since then, without any detriment to a console coming up at boot.  Try
switching to [*] the following:

# CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB is not set

# CONFIG_DRM_SIMPLEDRM is not set

# CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE is not set

Then hopefully you'll get a console kicking in.  Also, unless you use an
initrd don't forget any firmware blobs which may be be needed by your graphics
card and while you're at it add your CPU microcode there too.  Currently you
only show the firmware for your wireless:

# Firmware loader
#
CONFIG_FW_LOADER=y
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="iwlwifi-6000-4.ucode"

Then, if you still fail to get a console, connect over ssh to check what dmesg
reports for any hints of missing drivers.

HTH.